Career Opportunities at Local Food Marketplace
We are a small, dynamic team focused on helping local food systems compete more effectively within our global food system. We offer comprehensive technology solutions to the local food supply chain including food hubs, aggregators, cooperatives, producers, and buyers. We are proud of our history in developing our market leading technology that is trusted by more than 90 food hubs and aggregators around North America. Having bootstrapped our company for nearly 7 years, we offer valuable business experience and insight to customers and others in the local food system.
Why join us?
Nicknamed the Silicon Shire, Eugene was recently named a top 10 emerging tech city by Fast Company. Not only is Eugene a great place to work, it is also a great place to live. It features miles of bike paths and bike lanes, hiking paths, plus an award winning public transportation system. Our headquarters is located in a light-filled technology co-working space in downtown Eugene, OR.
We offer competitive salaries plus a health insurance stipend, transportation pass, paid time off, and more.
We have lives and responsibilities outside of work too and know that balance is important. We strive for flexibility in accommodating the unique needs of each employee.
Because we are a small and nimble team that thrives on continual improvement, there are plenty of opportunities to gain new skills and experience, suggest and implement ideas, and more.
Customer Onboarding and Support Specialist
Do you have a passion for developing and maintaining long term, meaningful customer relationships? LFM customers rely not only on our technical expertise and problem solving ability, but also our business experience and industry connections. This position will provide the opportunity to make a direct impact on local food systems around North America through successful on boarding and ongoing support.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support and assist new customers through implementation and setup of technology
- Coordinate with internal team members to ensure successful customer launch
- Provide web based training sessions for new customers
- Refine and update onboarding process and materials as needed
- Responds to customer support tickets, documenting all correspondence in customer support portal
- Maintain and develop new documentation and support materials
- Assists development team in release process with User testing
- Documents, tracks and manages tasks relating to defects discovered during testing
- Assists developers in understanding technical details of defects including steps & data needed to replicate problems
- Summarizes & records testing progress, defect discovery, and repair progress
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in a related field
- 1-2 years of customer service or account management experience
- Technical problem solving proficiency
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Other Skills & Abilities
- Approachability: is easy to approach and talk to; spends the extra effort to put others at ease; is sensitive to and patient with different communication styles
- Listening: Practices attentive and active listening; has the patience to hear people out
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of customers; uses first hand customer knowledge for improvements in products, services, and processes; gains the trust and respect of the customer
- Technical Problem Solving: Uses logic and methods to solve problems with effective solutions; can see hidden problems in the setup of the software; learns and applies industry, company, product knowledge to solve problems
- Business Perspective: Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current industry practices, trends, technology, and other information affecting clients businesses; can discuss multiple aspects and impacts of issues and see how it may impact future results
- Clear Communication: Has ability to explain complex information in an easy to understand format (verbally and written)
- Time Management: Uses time effectively and efficiently; respects others time; focuses on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to a broader range of activities
- Technical skills (ideal): Proficiency with HTML code and CMS a plus, experience with App submission process to Google Play and Apple App Store, Experience with Zendesk, Jira
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.